Today is Monday 19th November 2018.
Twitter icon
Facebook icon
RSS icon

Helpful organisations in UK


Please find below organisations who may have information specific to your enquiry. We are not necessarily recommending their advice (although in all cases it should be very sound) but are listing them as useful. All links should open in a new page. Please do let us know if you find these links helpful or if you find any errors by using the Contact us: General Enquiry link.

National Osteoporosis Society can be found HERE (this opens directly to the "What is Osteoporosis" page). They operate a Helpline (0808 800 0035). This service is provided by nurses with specialist knowledge of osteoporosis and bone health. They can provide you with a personal reply backed up by information provided in electronic or printed format. Please note limitation of hours. Nurses are available to talk between 9:00am and 5:00pm on weekdays except between Christmas and New Year and on Bank Holidays. On Tuesdays the telephone helpline is available from 11am -7pm. Occasionally the telephone service is closed for training when you will be offered a call back from one of the team. The also have an email option (replies may take up to 5 days)

Arthritis Care in Scotland can be found HEREArthritis Care Scotland is working for an inclusive society in which the needs of people living with arthritis are fully recognised, respected and met.

Arthritis Research can be found HERE for more information about PMR and HERE for more information about GCA.

If you have lost partial or full sight in one eye, you may find Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB) helpful. They can be found HERE (will open to the Scotland page). 

Another organisation is One Vision. They no longer have a website but can be contacted on 0845 108 3161. One of our members found them extremely helpful when she lost sight in one eye from GCA.

Vasculitis UK also provide information on PMR HERE and GCA HERE

Lauren Currie Twilight Foundation (LCTF) can be found HERE. They offer support to vasculitis patients and work hard to raise research funding.

If you find yourself having some issues with your treatment which you can't resolve with the NHS, you may like to speak to the Citizens' Advice Bureau's Patient Advice and Support Service - a link can be found HERE. The Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) is delivered by the Scottish Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) Service. The service is independent and provides free, confidential information, advice and support to anyone who uses the NHS in Scotland. It aims to support patients, their carers and families in their dealings with the NHS and in other matters affecting their health.